Dairy-Free Chicken Esquites Toast
June 30, 2023
Dairy-Free Chicken Equites Toast
This high-protein open-faced lunch is perfectly balanced, perfect for meal prep & a celebrity client favorite!
- 4-5 slices of sprouted buckwheat or sourdough bread
- 2 ripe avocados sliced
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cups frozen or fresh corn
- 1/2 cup dairy-free unsweetened yogurt
- 3 T cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup dairy-free feta or cotija
- 1 line juiced plus extra wedges for serving
- 3 T cilantro minced plus additional for garnish
- 3 T pepitas plus additional for garnish
- Smoked paprika garlic powder, sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Flaky sea salt olive oil & sliced jalapeños, for garnish
- In a cast iron skillet, char the corn with olive oil and sea salt.
- Season the chicken with sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder & smoked paprika.
- Remove the corn from the skillet and in the same pan with additional olive oil, cook the chicken for ~3 minutes on each side. It should have a nice golden color on each side.
- Cover the chicken and let it rest on a plate for 5 minutes before shredding.
- In a large bowl, combine all chicken esquites salad ingredients.
- Toast the slices of bread and top with 1/2 sliced avocado.
- Add 1/4 of the chicken esquites mixture to each toast and top with cilantro, jalapeño, pepitas, a drizzle of olive oil, flaky sea salt and a lime wedge.