Matcha Twix Bars
November 21, 2023
When Chef Bae & Matcha Bae come together, you get matcha twix bars that are #GF #plantbased & easy to make!
For the Shortbread Base:
- 1 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 3 tablespoons melted and cooled coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tsp ceremonial-grade matcha
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
For the Almond Butter Layer:
- ⅔ cup drippy salted natural almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
For the Chocolate Layer:
- 1 cup vegan white chocolate bar
- 3 tablespoons vegan matcha chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl add the almond flour, oat flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, matcha powder and salt.
- Press into the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes before adding caramel.
- Make the almond butter caramel layer: Add the almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil to a medium pot and place over medium-low heat for approximately 2 minutes until caramel starts to slightly bubble, stirring frequently. Pour over slightly cooled crust. Place in fridge for 1 hour to completely harden the almond butter.
- Melt the white chocolate and pour it the over the caramel layer.
- Melt the matcha chocolate and place 12 dollops on top of the white chocolate layer. Using a toothpick, swirl the matcha chocolate (as shown in the video).
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes and slice into bars. Heating the knife in hot water may help. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Enjoy!