November 6, 2023
Yellowtail Sashimi with Caperberry Gremolata
Known to the LA influencer community as "one of the best things [I've] ever eaten." This sashimi has flavors of white truffle, heat from red chili & umami from the vegan fish sauce. This recipe won't make you Instagram famous, but you'll impress both your guests and yourself.
- 1 lb. Sahimi-Grade Yellowtail thinly-sliced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Vegan Fish Sauce*
- 1 tbsp Garlic Confit Oil
- 1 tbsp White Truffle Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice fresh
- 1 tbsp Caper Brine
- 6 Caper Berries diced
- 1 tbsp Salt-Packed Capers
- 1 tbsp Preserved Lemon diced
- 1 tbsp Red Chili seeded & diced
- 1 clove Garlic Confit minced
- Flaky Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Lemon Zest & Edible Flower for garnish
- Lay the sashimi on a platter. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Taste and adjust as needed.
- Lay the caperberry gremolata over the yellowtail.
- Garnish with flaky sea salt, black pepper & edible flowers.
*a great no-fish sauce option: https://www.amazon.com/No-Fish-Sauce-Oceans-Halo/dp/B08DM7TJK3